Upcoming HPSC Meetings & Events:
- Wednesday, November 9, 2022
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023
Are you homeless and in need of help?
View the HHS Online Resource Guide or call 415-473-INFO.
2022 Continuum of Care Funding Competition: Final Priority Listing
The following projects were approved to be submitted to HUD in the 2022 CoC funding competition:
2022 Continuum of Care Funding Competition: Final Scoring Tools and Competition Timeline
The following documents were approved by the Homeless Policy Steering Committee on August 10, 2022:
- 2022 Marin Local Competition Policies
- 2022 Marin New Project Scoring Tool
- 2022 Marin Renewal Project Scoring Tool
2022 Continuum of Care Funding Competition
Are you interested in applying for federal homeless funding? The Department of Housing and Urban Development's (HUD's) Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for the Fiscal Year 2022 Continuum of Care Program Competition was released on August 1, 2022. The Local Competition Public Solicitation for Project Applications provides a summary of the 2022 CoC NOFO and the overall timeline for accessing this funding opportunity. The deadline for local application materials to be submitted to the CoC for review and scoring through the local competition process is Friday, August 26.
The 2022 CoC Competition Technical Assistance Workshop will be held on Monday, August 15, from 12:00 - 1:00 pm via Zoom meeting. Attendance is required for renewal and new project applicants applying for funding in this year's CoC competition. Register here.
Marin Lived Experience Advisory Board (LEAB) Seeking Members
Marin County has recently started a Lived Experience Advisory Board and is seeking folks with current or past experience of homelessness to share their experiences and knowledge to make recommendations for systemic improvement and participate in the homelessness system decision-making process. If you are interested please fill out the application and email it to email@example.com.
2022 CoC NOFO Preliminary Scoring Tools
Interested in applying for new or renewal funding in this year's HUD Continuum of Care NOFO funding competition? Please see the preliminary 2022 Renewal Project Scoring Tool and the 2021 New Project Scoring Tool to prepare:
- 2022 Renewal Project Scoring Tool (may be amended based on the contents of the 2022 CoC NOFO)
- 2021 New Project Scoring Tool
The 2022 New Project Scoring Tool will not be approved until the 2022 NOFO has been released, but will be based on the 2021 tool and will share many or all of the same priorities.
What is the Homeless Policy Steering Committee?
The Homeless Policy Steering Committee (HPSC) develops long-term strategic plans and facilitates year-round efforts to identify the needs of homeless individuals and families in Marin. The Steering Committee also provides opportunities for leadership and coordination for Marin’s county-wide response to homelessness.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Involving key local stakeholders in establishing a community-wide response to the complex problem of homelessness.
- Analyzing relevant data to identify the most effective mix of homeless services and housing for Marin.
- Setting priorities for programs and designing evaluation processes.
- Providing final approval for the Marin Continuum of Care application submission to the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- Overseeing implementation of the Homeless Emergency Assistance and Rapid Transition to Housing Act (HEARTH) at a local level.
- Oversight of the CoC’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS)
- Monitoring implementation of the CoC’s 10 Year Plan
How to Join:
The HPSC is open to all interested parties. To join the HPSC announcements mailing list, send a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The HPSC is staffed by the Department of Health & Human Services and is chaired by representatives of the Board of Supervisors.
Contact: Carrie Ellen Sager, Senior Program Coordinator
- Marin County Health and Human Services